LA , LA , sunny LA , where the man known as the Black Mamba does play
this summer you acquired two future Hall of gamers
Steve Nash at the point, and Superman the game changer
But you started the season at 1-4
So Mitch shoved coach Brown, out the front door
rumor had it Phil was coming back to town
everybody is saying “It’s his job to turn down.”
But surprise, surprise, D’antoni was hired
his style of play is what Dr. Buss desired
an up-tempo offense, where shots come fast
lets only hope Steve and Dwight don’t run out of gas
But wait, you’ve got Kobe, he can handle the rock
besides he takes almost every shot
he only needs Dwight to clean up the boards
and Steve to get him the ball so he can score in hoards
But he does love Pau, down on the block
he’ll give him the ball, they’ve been through the a lot
this team has no chemistry, Dwight sings a sad song
“oh why can’t we all just get along?”
It’s mid January, the trade deadline is looming
it’s gonna be Pau, everyone is assuming
the playoffs look bleak, it’s gonna be tough
Dr. Buss said “I’m not blowing this team up.”
So come April we’ll see where the Lakers stand
I can feel your pain dog……I’m a humbled Mav’s fan.
® James Cox
A dramatic reading can be found here:
If you watched the BCS game between Alabama and Notre Dame monday night, you probably saw the awkward exchange between Brent Musburger and Kirk Hirbstreit involving Katherine Webb. Brent would not let go of just how beautiful Miss Webb is, and proceeded to persuade all young men to go pass a football with their dad in hopes of becoming a quarterback. The following short video is my take on what happened that night. I hope you like, and if so please share with others!
“Brent Musburger Katherine Webb” Spoof
Has your child seen the bright light pillow that lights up on tv? If so, they are probably driving you nuts about purchasing one. These light up pillows, come in 2 shapes, and 2 colors. The pillow features 24 led color changing lights, and turns itself off automatically. These light up pillows make a perfect birthday gift for children, and can also replace a night-light. My daughter, begged for this pillow for her birthday, so I will be getting one. This leads me to a decision: Where do I buy the bright light pillow on such short notice.
Currently, there are only two ways to buy your very own bright light pillow. You can get one by going directly to the bright light pillow website, or you can pre-order one from Toys R Us. The main drawback I’ve heard from people who ordered their pillow from the company’s website, is they always try to add-on extra items, or up charge you on shipping. If you choose to order your bright light pillow from the company website, be sure you understand EXACTLY what you are paying for. Ask plenty of questions! You could also head down to your local mall, and check the kiosks in the middle of your mall. Most malls will have at least one kiosk that sells “as seen on TV” items such as the bright light pillow, and pillow pets. I live in North Texas, and have access to over 10 malls located within 20-30 minutes from my home. With any luck, my daughter will be sleeping with her very own bright light pillow tonight!
Good luck, and happy hunting for your very own bright light pillow.
Update: The Bright Light Pillow can now be found at Bed Bath and Beyond, Toys r Us, Target, and many other big box retailers during the holiday season.
Ode to Dwight Howard
I just can’t take this team anymore
Trade me to Brooklyn, or I’ll cry more and more
Wait, I’ll stay, if you grant me a wish
more decision-making power, and a point guard that can dish
No wait I want out, it’s Dallas or LA
But I can’t stand Kobe, so maybe I’ll stay
I won’t opt in, the deadline is close
Trade me to Dallas, the team I love most
Better yet, after sleeping on it, I’ll stay one more year
My heart’s in Orlando, I just shed a tear
Get rid of Van Gundy, and you’ll have my decision
“I didn’t say nothing coach, the media is trippin”
Listen Up , I’m leaving, it’s Brooklyn or bust
Big Apple, Jay Z, in them I will trust
“Brooklyn traded for Joe Johnson, and D-Will chose to stay
Now they have no more cap room, damn this new CBA”
If I’m not traded, I’ll play the season out
Then I’ll just sign with Dallas, but all season I’ll pout
Or maybe LA would be nice so I’m told
Someone please tape his mouth shut, this craps getting OLD!
© James Cox Follo Me
Please share this poem if you like it by clicking on the twitter or Facebook share buttons below.
Are you interested in penny stocks? These high risk-high reward stocks, are hard to judge, and you have the potential to lose ALL of your money! If, however, you get lucky and hit on one of these stocks, your earnings potential can shoot through the roof. Penny stocks are a gamble, and any investor that claims to know exactly which stock is going to pop that day, is usually a liar, or someone working for the company and posing as an “investor”.
Penny stocks usually rely on people pumping them up in discussion boards, getting people all excited, hitting a short-lived high, and crashing quicker than the stock rose. If you are willing to take the risk on these stocks, make sure you do your OWN due diligence on the stock you are considering. Always use a reputable 0nline stock trading company to make any investment in the stock market.
Listed below, are the best online companies to use for any stock trading. Make sure your are aware of all fees and commissions before you choose a company begin your penny stock venture.
- TD Ameritrade
These are just a few of the top online stock trading companies. Good luck on your penny stock adventure, and hopefully you will pick a stock that pops!
Are you one of the many people looking for ways to make money online? Taking surveys is one sure-fire way to make money online, if you have spare time, and don’t mind letting your work add up before payment. I’ve found this is one of the easier, and more comfortable ways to make money from your couch! I’ve made a little extra money in a few weeks, spending only a couple of hours a day taking online surveys. I do all survey taking while I’m watching my favorite sports team, and I don’t miss any action. I won’t go into boring details about each site, as I never read them on other sites, I choose to just click away. Listed below are some of the best survey sites that are quick ways to make money:
- Fusion Cash
- Opinion Outpost
- Survey Savvy
- Harris Poll
- Zoom Panel
- Opinion Place
- CVS Advisor(only earn extra bucks, but hey, it’s free money)
While these survey sites pay real money, it does take time for the cash to add up. Never join a survey site that asks you for money up front, as this is one sure-fire way to lose money and not make it! Some survey sites also pay in “points”, that you can turn into money, gift cards to your favorite stores, or merchandise.
You also need to realize that after answering a few questions, you may not be part of the “target market” the paying company is looking for. Do not get discouraged, as there will be many more surveys to take! Also, the highest money-making surveys usually take at least 30-45 minutes, so be sure you allot enough time to complete the survey. Some surveys also ask your children to complete part of the survey. Don’t be alarmed by this, they never ask any personal questions; It’s usually things about television shows or kids programming.
In the end, you are probably not going to get rich taking online surveys(unless that is all you do 24/7). You will however, make money! Good luck, and I hope you find taking surveys is one of the easier ways to make money!
I’ve had my Iphone 4 for 2 years with no problem. Then, out of no where, my Iphones proximity sensor failed. I could only use my Iphone with speakerphone enabled, or bluetooth. I tried every Iphone proximity sensor fix I could find on the internet. Hard boot, soft boot, reset wi-fi settings, reset all settings, nothing worked! Then a couple of weeks later, my Iphone speaker phone stopped working. I could hear people talking, but they could not hear me. So now, I was left with a broken Iphone proximity sensor and speakerphone. With no proximity sensor or speakerphone,I was left with only being able to use my Iphone on bluetooth.
I took my Iphone to the Apple store and had a so-called ”genius” look at it, thinking maybe they could fix the proximity sensor. They took one look at my cracked screen, and said : ”There is nothing we can do. You need to replace your phone, or give us $149 to replace the screen, and even then we can’t guarantee that will fix your proximity sensor. Maybe you should have invested in a case”
I was due for an upgrade, but like most people, I am waiting for the Iphone 5 to make its début. So I set out on a journey to fix my Iphones proximity sensor and speakerphone myself. If you will follow the steps below, it will not only fix your Iphone’s proximity sensor, it will also fix any problems with your speakerphone! Don’t laugh when you read step 1, because it actually works!! There is no need to completely pull your phone apart, and use the tape method, or even replace your sensor.
Iphone proximity sensor, and speakerphone fix:
- Take the 2 screws out of the bottom of your Iphone. These are located on each side of the charging dock. Pull off the back and “thump” the area where the proximity sensor is located several times. Also, make sure all cables are securely connected. Replace the 2 screws.
- Connect your Iphone to Itunes, and follow all steps! BACK UP YOUR PHONE SO YOU DON’T LOSE ANYTHING!
- Restore your Iphone to factory settings. After this process is complete(usually takes about 30 minutes depending on how much you have on your Iphone), set up as new phone.
- As soon as this setup is complete, perform the “restore Iphone from previous backup”
- MAKE SURE TO LET ALL STEPS COMPLETE BEFORE ENDING ANY PROCESS!! THIS IS IMPORTANT AS I FOUND OUT, BECAUSE 99.9 % OF THE TIME, THE PROXIMITY SENSOR, SPEAKERPHONE PROBLEM IS ONLY A SOFTWARE GLITCH. I ENDED SOME PROCESSES EARLY, AND MY PHONE NEVER WORKED. ONCE I LET ALL STEPS PROCEED AS NORMAL, MY PHONES PROXIMITY SENSOR AND SPEAKERPHONE BEGAN WORKING PROPERLY AGAIN, AND HAVE SO FOR THE LAST MONTH!
- If your Iphones proximity sensor fails any more after you have completed these steps, the quick hard reboot will fix any problems.
This proximity sensor fix will work with any version of Iphone, and any iOS version you have. The one thing I will say is if you’re using the app “Lifespace 360″, don’t. It is not even close to accurate, and most of my problems started about 2 days after installing this app. And before you ask, yes I deleted the app, and did the hard reset, and it did not work!
Hope this helps you fix your Iphones proximity sensor, or speakerphone problems!! Email me , or comment if this worked for you, and please share my page. You do not need to pay an Apple “genius” $150 to look at your phone, nor do you need any other proximity sensor fix, I tried them all!
If you’re looking for a new custom home builder in the Dallas or Ft. Worth area, look no further than Grand Homes. With over 35 communities to choose from, price points ranging from $160,000 to over $600,000(community dependant), Grand Homes can build the new custom home of your dreams.
Grand Homes custom home builder is known for their acute attention to architectural details, and space management. Beautiful elevations, spacious rooms, vaulted ceilings, grand kitchens, and their standard “pool included with every new home-built”, makes Grand Homes the perfect new custom home builder for you.
Head into any one of the Grand Homes communities today and get started on the new custom home of your dreams.
For anyone looking for a great place to stay while at Walt Disney World Orlando, look no further than Disney’s Wilderness Lodge!! While this was my first trip to Disney World Orlando, and we saw many beautiful resorts, I cannot imagine one being more fun, awe-inspiring or friendly than this. This resort is located in Magic Kingdom and is situated on Bay Lake. Your options to get to Magic Kingdom from here are water taxi directly to MK, water taxi to Contemporary Resort where you can catch the monorail or the Disney buses. Centrally located, this resort is no further than a 20 minute shuttle ride to anywhere inside the Walt Disney World complex. There is a bus area outside the resort that will take you to any park you want to go to. All buses feature scrolling signs on the front letting you know what park/parks they are going to, and each has its own assigned pick up/ drop off area. If you have chosen a Magic Your Way package, all baggage is delivered to your room from the airport. it usually arrives a couple of hours after you have checked in.
As soon as we rounded the corner and saw the lodge for the first time, all I could think was WOW. As intimidating as this place is on the outside, it is even more so on the inside. As soon as you walk in the lobby, your eyes are drawn up, then down then back up, side to side and this process will go on as long as you let it. My 6-year-old and 10-year-old daughters stood in amazement for a few seconds and then promptly asked “mom can we go swimming yet?” Kids definitely do not appreciate things like adults do. Animals are carved into massive beams that run floor to ceiling. A beautiful stone fireplace invites you to warm up on colder winter days(not that they have that many in Florida). A bubbly spring starts in the lobby, runs outside and down a waterfall, and then empties into the pool outside! I had only seen the outside and the lobby of this hotel, but I already knew why they say this is the place ” where dreams come true!!”
As we made our way to our room, I noticed how peaceful and quiet the lobby actually was. All I could focus on though was the sound of the spring. Anyway, back to the rooms. When you walk in, your first thought might be “these seem a little small.” Actually, they are just right for a family of four! Remember, you’re at Disney World, you won’t spend much time in your room. The bathroom counters are granite, much like an upscale hotel. Even the headboard was carved out of real wood with intricate forest themes. We had a nice balcony that overlooked the pool and lake. Room Service was good, they made little towel animals for the girls. We tipped the room keeper $2-$3 per day which is a general rule from what I have been told. Over all rooms are good size, clean and charming.
Our first order of business once we had taken care of everything in our room, was hold your breath,POOL TIME. We were there in the middle of June so it was 95-100 degrees everyday, the pool was very important. The pool features a beautiful rock façade water slide, 2 swimming areas(one for the bigger kids and 1 for the smaller kids), and lots of staff interaction. At different times during the day, the staff comes out and rounds up all the kids that want to participate, and they have contest’s. Makes for a really fun and entertaining time, very kid friendly!! A sound system plays kid friendly music all day. There is a wet bar called Territory Lounge located by the pool. This proximity allows the older one’s to grab a refreshing beverage of their choice, while still keeping an eye on the little one’s. There is also a geyser near the pool that erupts periodically, pretty cool. Hair braiding is offered by the pool for an extra charge. There are also complimentary life jackets for the little ones.
There are 3 dining options offered at Wilderness Lodge :
Roaring Fork – located near the pool and offers quick service items like pizza, sandwiches, salads, fruits, chips and so on. If you opt to buy the Resort Refillable Mug, which I recommend, refills are free at your resort for the entire length of your stay. I am not sure what the cost on these are because we purchased the Disney Dining Plan with our vacation package, and these were included.
Whispering Canyon – American cuisine and casual dining that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food and service here were great! The portions on the plate were very generous, you will not leave hungry!! If you choose to dine here, be sure to ask for the ketchup and see what happens. Also be sure to ask for a refill. Definitely recommend at least 1 meal here during your stay.
Artist Point- upscale restaurant with a Northwestern cuisine. Dress code here is what I call business casual. No jacket is required, and you can wear shorts, but just make sure you are wearing proper attire. They will not let you in wearing swim trunks and a tank top or a bikini with a sweet tan(unless you resemble Matthew McConaughey or Halle Berry.) The setting is beautiful, windows overlook Bay lake and the waterfalls. The food here is a little pricey, but very good! Again, we purchased the DDP so all of our meals were paid for in advance, so you get to order whatever you want. If you are a soup person and like mushrooms, the Smokey Portobello Soup is absolutely awesome!! I ordered the scallops which were delicious and my wife had the salmon which she would also recommend. The girls ordered a White Chocolate Mickey Puzzle for desert. It comes out in pieces the kids get to put together and has edible paint so you can paint Mickey. Very interesting desert that the kids will love.
The lodge offers many recreational activities if you do not want to spend all your time at the parks. They offer jogging and biking trails, watercraft rentals, fishing, movies under the stars an arcade for the kids and many other amenities.
If I had to sum up my experience at the Wilderness Lodge in one word, it would have to be ”Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”! You might say that is a weird choice of words, but here is my explanation. All of my life, I dreamed of how a vacation should be, and the feelings you take away when you leave. If I could move my family to Disney World, I would. I have come very close to quitting my good paying job several times, and applying for anything I could in the park, or hotel, it was THAT impressive to me. From the people who work at Disney Wilderness Lodge, to the beautiful craftsmanship, electric atmosphere and overall quality of my visit, I highly recommend Wilderness Lodge to anyone planning a trip to Walt Disney World Orlando. You will not be disappointed!!
Any men out there have Mother-in-law issues? Well, let me help you overcome any problems you may have, or are having with your wife’s mother.
Before you say “there is no way this guy can possibly know what I’m dealing with”, let me say this. My wife and I have been married for 19 years. Of those 19 years, my mother-in-law has lived with us for 15 of them.
At this point, you should not only rejoice with me that I am alive and kicking, but you should also celebrate the fact that I am not writing this from a prison cell. You see, my mother-in-law and I, (I will not divulge her name on the grounds it may incriminate me should she ever read this) have a good relationship. We have learned over the course of those 15 years, how to live together with minimal disturbance to my marriage.
Do we fight, you ask! Can Geico really save you 15 percent on car insurance? Have I ever had to run and hide in my closet, carefull to not let the beast hear my breath for fear of being eaten alive, YOU BET! Have I ever slipped a little something extra into her food when she wasn’t looking?(You should have seen her make a mad dash for the bathroom, just kidding.)
The point is this. If you have a mother-in-law who needs to live with you, it can work if you set some rules. I do not live in a home with a mother-in-law suite. Nor is her room on a second story of the house, or on the other side of the house. We live in a 3400 sqft. two-story home , and her room is actually right next to mine and the wife’s(makes some nights a little more fun!).
As you can see, I just might have some knowledge that can help if you find yourself in a similar situation. Below are some rules and guidelines to go by, so you can have as happy a home as possible if the mother-in-law needs a place to shack up for the night, or a few years.
- Try, at all cost, to keep your wife out of the middle! If you don’t have one already, you need to develop an open line of communication with your mother-in-law. You both may need to sit down, and set some ground rules for communication. You BOTH need to be able to talk honestly, and openly about any problems you may have with one another.
- Try not to fight with, or demean your wife in front of her. I know that one kind of goes without saying, but when she is living with you, it is not that easy to do. She will almost always take her daughter’s side, as she should, and the result of a pissed off mother-in-law, is not something I would recommend to any man. If you don’t believe me, go ahead and take your chances. Just make sure you can out run her!
- It’s okay for her to help around the house, but she is NOT your built-in maid. I had problems with this when she first moved in, and it not only causes problems between the two of you, it will also make your wife bitter and angry towards you. I, to my fault, had the nerve to think “if I’m not going to ask her to pay to live here, then what’s wrong with her doing a little extra.” After a short while, and a few good talking to’s from the boss, we got every thing sorted out. Again, there is nothing wrong with her helping out, but you still need to do your fair share!
- You and your wife are the parents of your children! If children are involved in your household, as they are in mine, your mother-in-law is a grandmother, not a baby sitter, or disciplinarian. If she tries to come to the rescue during discipline time, you need to kindly tell her to “back away”. Her natural response is to care for her grandchildren, and that’s okay. This can however, be a MAJOR problem if it is not dealt with before hand. We never really had this issue come up,as my wife laid the ground rules on that one the day she moved in.
- If your mother-in-law works as mine does, and has agreed to help out financially, it is best to get in writing any amount agreed to, and keep track of any payments monthly. If any such payments were not made or kept track of properly, but they were agreed to, it is only natural for you to feel anger. The problem is you set yourself up for a bitter fight with your spouse or mother-in-law, and this can lead to resentment and a whole world of other emotions. This can do major damage not only to your marriage, but can also do irreparable harm to your relationship with your mother-in-law. Nothing will drive a wedge faster than the mighty dollar.
- Remember, your mother-in-law is older than you, and deserves your respect. I love to kid around with her and give her the ”if your gonna live in my house, your gonna live by my rules” speech, but you should never disrespect her. I have made this mistake several times in our 15 years together, and it not only upsets your wife, if you do it in front of your children, it gives them the impression that it’s okay.
- On par with what I just finished the last point with, it is your responsibility to teach your children how to respect their grandmother. More often than not, your children will see her as just another adult trying to tell them what to do, and get a little snippy with her. It’s up to you to remind them that they DO NOT treat their grandparents, or any other adult for that matter, that way. Teaching a child to respect their elders, will encourage a life long respect of others.
- My last piece of advice, is to just enjoy her and learn from her. My mother-in-law and I have had our ups and downs over the course of the last 15 years, but I can honestly say I don’t know what life would be like without her. I worry about what will happen to her when she finally moves out on her own. I, in some respect, feel responsible for her well-being. I have gained a great deal of wisdom from my mother-in-law. She has helped me out, and lifted me up during some tough times in my life. She has always been there for me, like I was her own son.
Having your mother-in-law live with you can be both rewarding, and challenging at the same time. Just remember to communicate, respect and be honest with one another, and all should work out fine.
Comment or email me with any stories you have of what it’s like to have your mother-in-law around.